Stuff for modifying resource loading:
Napalm's EdgeEffect overriding, a very concise ContextThemeWrapper wrapper technique.
Other interesting stuff:
- Activity#onCreateView which is called when things are inflating.
- Theme#applyStyle to set / modify / etc your current theme (infinite runtime themes yay)
- Napalm recommends reading the source of Resources
- "Resources.getXml to get a parser for a resource file"
"since you can call getIdentifier with a name.. you can build up your own "resource style" qualifiers.
like R.xml.home_magic-white, R.xml.home_magic-red"
"you request R.xml.home_magic, and the theme appends "-white" and finds the id"
- Also maybe interesting: AssetManager.openXmlResourceParser
- Resources#getResourceName gets you a resource name from an int. Quite a lot of possibilities here.